ZOOM® ComStar™ 14.4Speakerphone/Voice
A Complete Communications
Center For Your Computer!©
14.4 (Model 610) is a complete communications center for
IBM® PC-compatible and Macintosh® computers.
The ComStar combines a full-featured 14,400 bps V.32bis faxmodem
with 14,400 bps fax, full-duplex speakerphone, digital answering
machine, voice mail system, and a convenient speed dialer.
The ComStar is an easy-to-install, single-slot card. It
is software-configurable and "Plug and Play" compatible with
Windows® 95. ComStar comes complete with a
high-quality microphone and speaker, and all necessary software.
ComStar 14.4 is built in the U.S.A. by Zoom Telephonics,
Inc., a leading supplier of telecommunications equipment
- Speakerphone: Get the convenience of hands-free, full-duplex
telephone conversations and professsional quality conference
calls. Complete with high-quality microphone and speaker.
- Data Modem: Connects at 14,400 bps with V.32bis - perfect
for connecting to the Internet, remote access to other
corporate locations, bulletin boards, and on-line services.
Features V.42bis, V.42, MNP® 2-5,
and advanced MNP 10ECTM for
fast, error-free file transfers.
- 14.4 Fax: Send and receive great-looking high-resolution
faxes at your PC, plus faxback and fax-on-demand. Improve
your productivity and present a more professional image.
- Plug and Play: Automatic configuration with Windows 95
on Plug and Play compatible computers. Software configuration
too. No jumpers to set!
- Voice Mail and Digital Answering Machine: A powerful
and easy-to-use multi-mailbox answering system for a professional
image at home or at the office.
- Speed Dialer: Fast and easy "point-and-click" directory
- Distinctive Ring: Share voice, fax, and data communications
on a single phone line (requires local telephone company
|Data speeds and protocols
- V.32bis - 14,400/12,000/9600/7200/4800 bps data
- V.32 - 9600/4800 bps data
- V.22bis - 2400/1200 bps data
- Bell 212A, V.22A/B, V.23 - 1200/600 bps data
- Bell 103, V.21 - 300 bps data
|Send/receive fax speeds
- Group 3, Class 1 and 2 fax
- V.33, V.17 - 14,400/12,000
- V.29, V.17 - 9600/7200
- V.27 ter - 4800/2400
- V.21 channel 2 - 1200/300
||Hayes AT-Command compatible,
with extended MNP®5,
MNP 10, and V.42bis commands
||V.42-LAPM and MNP 2-4; MNP
10 data throughput enhancement; MNP 10EC Enhanced Cellular
||MNP 5, V.42bis
||Enhanced ADPCM, programmable
at 2 or 4 bits per sample
|Business audio mode:
using 8-bit encoding at 11.025 kHz or 7200 Hz
||Full-duplex with microphone
and speaker included; headset capability
||Plug and Play; IRQ 3-5, 7;
- Dual RJ-11 telephone jacks- one for phone line,
one for optional phone
- Software volume control
- Output jack for external 8 ohm audio speaker
(8 ohm external speaker included)
- Input jack for external microphone (microphone
- Jumper-selectable electret microphone bias
- Telephone cable with RJ-11 connectors
- Buffered 16550 UART to reduce PC interrupts and
- Handset record and playback
|Dimensions and Power Requirements
- Standard IBM PC-compatible board (8-bit ISA)
- Power consumption: 3.8W max; 1.1W idle
- 486 or faster PC compatible computer with 1 available
16-bit ISA slot
- 8 MB RAM
- 3.5 in. floppy drive
- Hard drive with 5 MB available
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 or higher
- Mouse recommended
- FCC Registered (Part 68) and Certified (Part
- Recognized to U.S. and Canadian requirements
under the Component Recognition Program of Underwriters
207 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Web Site: www.zoomtel.com
NASDAQ: ZOOM Zoom
is a registered trademark, and ComStar and Zoom/FaxModem
are trademarks of Zoom Telephonics, Inc. Microsoft and Windows
are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. MNP is
a registered trademark and MNP 10EC is a trademark of Microcom.
Made in the U.S.A.
©2000 Zoom Telephonics, Inc.