What type of computer can I use with the ZDTV wireless keyboard?
To use the ZDTV wireless keyboard, you need a computer with Windows 7,
Vista, or XP.
To use the wireless keyboard to enjoy the Internet on your HDTV, you need to connect a Windows 7, Vista, or XP computer to an HDTV; and that computer needs high-speed Internet access. Note that the CPU and graphics processor in the computer affect the quality of Internet videos, and so does the speed of your Internet connection. For more details, see www.zoomtel.com/ZDTVsystemspec
- ZDTV provides Windows 7, Vista, and XP computers with these features::
- Wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad and long-range wireless
- Media Center and Media Player keyboard hot-buttons
- ZDTV software for easy viewing of the Internet on your HDTV
- Keyboard hot-buttons to expand images for easy viewing
For the ultimate system, we recommend a Windows 7 computer with an HDMI port, a combination which provide the easiest setup and great new Media Player, Media Center features.
How do I set up ZDTV?
For best results, install ZDTV software on a Windows 7 computer and plug an HDMI cable into a television's HDMI connector. If your computer is a laptop, you can leave the cable connected and simply plug in your computer anytime you want to use ZDTV.
You can also use a Windows 7 computer that doesn't have an HDMI port, though these computers typically are less capable of high-resolution videos.
You can even use the ZDTV wireless keyboard with a Windows XP, 2000, or Vista computer, though you may experience some reduction in performance and features.
How does the ZDTV keyboard work?
The ZDTV keyboard controls your computer wirelessly using a proprietary 2.4 GHz wireless standard so you won't have interference from other devices. We include a tiny wireless USB adapter that plugs into your computer and communicates with the ZDTV keyboard.
How does ZDTV access the Internet?
Through your computer's Internet connection. This is normally through a cable modem, ADSL modem, cellular or satellite modem, or a wired or wireless network connection.
What makes ZDTV the right choice for use with HDTV?
- We designed ZDTV to do one thing - bring a whole new dimension of entertainment and the Internet to your HDTV, and deliver them from the comfort of your favorite chair. Special features of the Model 9005 ZDTV keyboard include:
- 66-foot range allows control from across very large rooms
- ten hot buttons assist with navigation of the Internet, provide quick access to Windows Media Center and Media Player, and media playback control to pause play, and mute/increase/decrease audio
- ZDTV provides for quick access and control of a magnification window to make smaller copy legible from a distance
- large integrated touchpad mouse is recessed to prevent unintended cursor movement
- bundled software helps set up the computer for the TV's display characteristics, provides power management to ensure uninterrupted viewing, and provides simplified navigation to the most popular Internet multimedia sites
- full-sized keyboard allows touch typing
- energy management conserves battery life
- a 6-foot HDMI cable is included
Who makes ZDTV?
Zoom Telephonics is a world-renowned data products company founded in 1977. We are a US company with headquarters and dedicated technical support staff in Boston, and we know how to make our customers happy.
What’s the advantage of using ZDTV with a Windows computer that has an HDMI port?
We find that computers with an HDMI port normally have enough processing and graphics horsepower to deliver a very good Internet experience on an HDTV. A Windows computer with a DVI or VGA port and a separate audio connection can also be used, but the best video performance normally requires an HDMI port.
Are there minimum requirements for a PC and Internet connection to run ZDTV?
No. However, playing TV shows, movies, or other videos over the Web works best if you have a speed of at least 1 Mbps for your Internet connection. Slow Windows computers can limit performance when you're playing videos. For more details, see www.zoomtel.com/ZDTVsystemspec
I've heard that some people use ZDTV to improve the mood of a recreation room. How?
You can use ZDTV to deliver a slide show to your HDTV with whatever pictures set the mood you want. And you can play your favorite music or music from Pandora or some other Web source to further improve the mood.
I understand that ZDTV brings ALL the Internet to an HDTV. Are there other applications of ZDTV?
Yes. ZDTV Magnify features help visually impaired people to see a monitor better, whether or not it's an HDTV. ZDTV is also a great tool for conference rooms with an HDTV.
How would I use the ZDTV wireless keyboard in my company's conference room?
The conference room would have an HDTV as the display. Connect an HDMI cable between the HDTV's HDMI port and the HDMI port of a Windows laptop or desktop computer, and install ZDTV software on that computer. Plug the ZDTV keyboard's wireless dongle into the Windows computer, so that the wireless keyboard could control the computer and HDTV from anywhere in the conference room. That's it! When someone wants to show a display, he or she installs it on the computer that's connected to the HDTV. For instance, that person could install a PowerPoint display from a USB stick or CD. Then the presentation is made by using the ZDTV wireless keyboard.
What if I only want a good wireless keyboard for my computer, and don't care about ZDTV features like easy HDTV setup, Magnify, and HDTV-oriented browsing menus?
Then the ZDTV wireless keyboard does a great job with any Windows 7, Vista, or XP computer.
What about the Macintosh?
The ZDTV wireless keyboard doesn't support the Macintosh yet.
How do I reach Zoom Customer Support if I need help after I buy ZDTV?
You probably won't need help. If you do, our Boston-based support team provides support by phone, email, or the Web. Please see www.zoomtel.com/zdtvsupport
My company would like to provide some of its customers and employees with a ZDTV keyboard that includes our company logo. Is this available?
Yes. Please contact a Zoom reseller to discuss your needs.