Port Method (.exe file) Boot Image
Port Method (.exe file) System Image
The Console Port uses the above files to upgrade
the AP128 to the latest firmware. A terminal program
such as HyperTerminal in Windows that supports Zmodem file
transfers is necessary. To update the AP11 going through
the Console Port, you must do the following:
- Connect the RJ45 to RJ45 serial cable that is
supplied to the console port on the AP128 and the
other end to a serial port on a system. (A DB9 to
is supplied with the AP128).
- Set up the terminal program (HyperTerminal or any program that supports
Zmodem file transfer) for 38400 and N, 8,1. X/on-X/off handshaking should
also be selected.
- Press <enter> and a "$" prompt should appear
to indicate that you are communicating correctly
with the AP128.
- Power the AP128 on and you should see information scrolling on the terminal
screen. The message "Type Boot to Bypass Main Image will appear."
- Type the word "boot" and this will boot the AP128 into the system
boot rom image area. At the end of the process, the message "Waiting
for Code Upload" will appear.
- Start the file transfer using Zmodem protocol and load the file AP128_xBoot_1.8.3.exe which
is the boot image.
- Do not interrupt the upload or power off the
AP128 during the process. This
will cause the unit to be inoperable and necessitate it to be returned
- When the upload is complete then perform a second upload with the
system rom image (AP128_xMain_1.8.3.exe).
Note: Another way to accomplish this system image update is to use
the console port as described above, but do no type "boot" to
enter into the System Boot image area. The AP128 will then boot into the System
Main image area.
- Type "rx" at the "$" prompt
which will place the AP128 into Zmodem state and
perform the Zmodem file upload the same as
in the Boot Image area.