Port Method (.exe file) Boot Image
Method (.exe file) System Image
The Console Port uses the above files to upgrade
the AP11 to the latest firmware. A terminal program
such as HyperTerminal in Windows that supports Zmodem file
transfers is necessary. To update the AP11 going through
the Console Port, you must do the following:
- Connect the RJ45 to RJ45 serial cable that is
supplied to the console port on the AP128 and the
other end to a serial port on a system. (A DB9 to
is supplied with the AP11).
- Set up the terminal program (HyperTerminal or
any program that supports Zmodem file transfer)
for 38400 and N, 8,1. X/on-X/off handshaking should
also be selected.
- When you power on the AP11, you should see information
scrolling on the terminal screen. "Type Boot
to Bypass Main Image" will
- Type the word "boot". Which will cause the
AP11 to go into the boot screen.
- At the end of
the process, the message "Waiting
for Code Upload" will
- Start the file transfer using Zmodem protocol and load
the file AP11_Boot_x2.3.8.exe.
- Do not interrupt the upload or power off the
AP11 during the process. This
will cause the unit to be inoperable and necessitate it to
be returned for repair.
- After the boot image upload
is complete, continue with the second upload
of the system image file AP11_Main_x2.3.8.exe